- The Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Centres web site does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its Web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Centres web site uses per-session cookies. The per-session cookies do not collect personal information about you. Per-session cookies are used to store information within a session (or visit to our web site). These cookies are deposited on a user's computer only while the user is visiting the site and are deleted when the user closes the session. Here is the list of information that we are collecting by using per-session cookies:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address, and the name of your service provider's server
- Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Centres web site makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting the Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Centres web site.
- The length of each visit
- The number of requests per visit
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.)
By keeping this data, Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Centres web site administrators can fine-tune the sites based on user-activity trends.
- Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Centres may be directed to email@example.com . If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca .