The IWK Feeding Clinic sees infants, children and youth across the Maritimes. Feeding can be a complex issue and might involve:
- Behavioural challenges (like food refusal)
- Difficulty bottle feeding
- moving on to chewable foods
- Increasing the variety of food in the diet
- Moving on from tube feeding to oral feeding
As such, a team may be involved in the appointment. You might be asked to feed your child during an X-ray or in the clinic.
The clinician(s) involved in the testing will make suggestions to improve feeding and swallowing.
Who can refer?
A doctor's referral is required.
Who should be contacted with the referral?
Referrals may be sent to the IWK Feeding Clinic Coordinator.