To provide the best Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Services to Nova Scotians
- High quality identification, diagnostic, prevention-promotion, and treatment
- Education of clients, students, care providers, stakeholders, and communities
- Provincial standard setting,evaluation, and improvement in concert with our professions and our partners
Every person deserves a voice. Every voice deserves to be heard.
Learning and Innovation: striving always to explore ways to improve the quality of our work and supporting others to do the same.
Leadership and Professionalism: building on our reputation for professional excellence by providing education to students and professionals, and leading ourselves and others to achieve the best.
Advocacy and Expertise: working in our communities to promote the best possible communication for all Nova Scotians.
Respect and Care: caring for each client, their families and caregiver; respecting everyone and their diversity.
Client-Centred and Best Quality of Service: striving to meet the particular needs of each client while providing equitable access and quality of service for all.
Partnerships and Collaboration: leading and fostering productive supportive working relationships.
Accountability and Transparency: making the best decisions that are communicated openly and honestly.
Client Rights & Responsibilities
Click here if you would like to print a copy of the Client Rights & Responsibilities
- To be treated with respect and dignity
- To consent to receive our services
- To be informed about treatment options
- To participate in decisions about your care
- To have your language and culture respected
- To receive private and confidential service
- To have access to your NSHSC information
- To express concerns about our services
- To receive quality care and safe services
- To treat staff, volunteers, and other clients with respect
- To give accurate and complete information
- To ask questions and give feedback to staff
- To participate in decision making about your care
- To share responsibility for your own care
- To treat materials, equipment, and facilities with care
- To arrive on time; cancel if you cannot attend
- To help keep everyone safe and healthy